- Codes of conduct
- INDEPENDENT COPING UPON DISRUPTION OF VITAL SERVICES
- Disruption of natural gas supply
Disruption of natural gas supply
INDEPENDENT COPING UPON DISRUPTION OF VITAL SERVICES
How to get ready for a natural gas supply disruption
- DETERMINE THE IMPACTS OF THE DISRUPTION OF NATURAL GAS SUPPLY ON YOUR HOME AND WHAT KIND OF ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS YOU NEED.
- ASK THE SERVICE PROVIDER OR, FOR EXAMPLE, THE APARTMENT ASSOCIATION, HOW THE CONTINUOUS SUPPLY OF GAS IS GUARANTEED IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD.
- NOTE! RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS AND ENTERPRISES PRODUCING HEAT FOR RESIDENTIAL HEATING ARE ALSO GUARANTEED NATURAL GAS FOR 30 DAYS EVEN IN THE CASE OF SUPPLY DIFFICULTIES.
- CHECK THE USER MANUAL OF YOUR GAS DEVICES (SUCH AS STOVE OR WATER BOILER), TO SEE WHETHER THEY CAN BE USED WITH LPG. ALSO ADD A SMALL LPG CYLINDER TO YOUR STOCKPILE.
How to act in the event of a disruption to the natural gas supply
- In the event of a gas flow disruption, close all incoming gas taps and gas taps inside the dwelling.
- Also warn your neighbours about the disruption. It is important to make sure that all gas taps are closed, as when the gas supply is restored, a gas tap that has been left open may give rise to the risk of explosion.
- When heating, preparing food or heating water, use alternative solutions. When selecting alternative solutions, favour safer and simpler options and follow the safety requirements and user manuals of devices.
- If you cannot cope independently and safely at home in the event of a gas supply disruption, go to your relatives or contact your local government for help.
Solutions for the disruption of heat supply
|HEATING THE HOME|